We have recently added a selection of new titles to the VLeBooks e-book platform.
You can read the books online – via the e-Library through a browser on your laptop, PC, iPad etc.
Login with your usual wellington user name (password wellington)
App – use the VLeBooks app on your android or iPhone or iPad. (For this you need to create an Adobe account. This is quick and easy to do just follow the instructions online)
- Particularly for staff – “How to Lead” by Jo Owen
- For Horowitz fans read his latest in the “Power of Five” series – “Oblivion” (also available in the Library in print form)
- “15 Days without a Head” by Dave Cousins. Nominated for the Berkshire Book Award by young people around the county. Always moving but often hilarious and peppered with surreal moments. “Fifteen-year-old Laurence Roach just wants a normal life, but it’s not easy when your mum is a depressed alcoholic, and your six-year-old brother thinks he’s a dog.”
- From the PE Top Ten reads – “Mind Games: Inspirational Lessons from the World’s Biggest Sports Stars”
- From the Biology Top Ten list – “The Selfish Gene” by Richard Dawkins
- Guinness Book of Records 2013
- If Poetry – a treasury of poems for almost every possibility (also available on the iPads)
- “Alan M Turing” by Sara Turing. ” To commemorate the centenary of Turing’s birth, this re-publication of his mother’s biography is enriched by a new foreword by Martin Davis and a never-before-published memoir by Alan’s older brother. The contrast between this memoir and the original biography reveals tensions and sheds new light on Turing’s relationship with his family, and on the man himself.”
If you need help or more information ask the Librarians!