There have been many developments in the e-book world over the last few months. In May 2012 Waterstones decided to start selling Amazon’s Kindle and on 31st August John Lewis announced its decision to sell Nook e-readers in all its stores.
Here are the latest developments in the world of e-books over the last week:
- Government announces a review into e-book lending in public libraries. (Guardian 27th September 2012) Daily Telegraph article on this issue.
- The Nook tablet and e-reader are coming to the UK – BBC Technology News: US book chain Barnes & Noble plans to launch new Nook tablets alongside its e-readers in the UK later this year. Nook Tablets to tackle Amazon (The Telegraph 26th September 2012)
- Wal-Mart is to stop selling Amazon’s kindle (FT.com 20th September 2012)
- Amazon Launches new Kindle Fire tablet and Kobo unveils a new range of e-book readers (BBC News 6th September 2012)
- e-books blog from The Telegraph